Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Congrats to Democrats...again

I'm neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but my election predictions came true last night. Click here for my comments about a McCain/Obama match-up.

History has given us a president unlike any we've ever had before. There are a lot of things going on in my mind about this.
1. The black community is experiencing their finest moment in our nation's history. It's a moment of vindication for them, a moment of deep emotion, a moment that is MLK's dream come true. It really was a powerful thing listening to Juan Williams, Colin Powell, and even Jesse Jackson fight back tears as they looked upon the first black president. For our black friends and neighbors, I am happy.
2. The political campaign waged by Mr. Obama was amazing... another history-making event. They were able to take a no-name (odd-name!) and sell it to the American people. By sticking to the vague, safe messages of "Change" and "Hope," liberals and moderates and probably even a few conservatives voted for their ideas of "change." Obama was the blank slate upon which each of his voters could project their "hopes."
Granted, they had no small bit of help from the economy and Bush's poll numbers, but still...
3. Barack Obama, my president, is still a political figure with whom I have deep disagreements. His views and record on abortion disgusts me and could never allow me to cast a vote for him. I pray that God changes his heart.
4. There's talk that the nation has shifted toward the left. I don't believe it for a minute. This was just the Democrats' year. How could it not be? The Republicans blew their time in power... they don't deserve it back right now. But the fact that California banned gay marriage is enough to show you that America is not moving left. So, my advice to the Republican party is don't jump to the middle of the aisle! Move back to the right... establish your convictions and stick with them.

We conservatives will be desperately looking for a voice in 2010, 2012. Until then, pray for Obama; pray for the Democratic House & Senate; and remember that Christ is our King and only His kingdom deserves our true allegiance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No more blogging since the election is over? Congrats on the soon-to-be new addition. I was told Diana was expecting next summer.